Tuesday 11 February 2014

Rava Paniyaram

When I was a child, whenever there are any guests coming to our home, my mom would prepare this Rava paniyaram which is the easiest one for her to prepare.
Later when i was grown, she suggested me to try this whenever she is busy in other activities. This is the first step of my cooking. And still when we all meet together for any occasion, my mom would like to have this prepared for all guests. Hope you would enjoy my all paniyaram recipes.I would suggest this for beginners who learn to cook snacks for the first time

Rava Paniyaram




Ingredients

Rava  - 1 cup
Maida - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 2
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - a pinch
Oil - to deep fry

Cooking steps
  1. Soak rava in 1 cup of water for 20 mins
  2. Add maida and sugar together with the soaked rava
  3. Add baking soda and powdered cardamom to the  rava + maida mixture and stir well.Now the paniyaram batter is ready
  4. In a frying pan, add enough oil to fry and let it be hot.
  5. Once the oil is hot, pour a small ladle of batter into the hot oil and let them fry.
  6. Flip the paniyaram and fry both the sides well.
Notes
  • Do not oversoak rava than the mentioned time as the crisp of rava will be lost when we oversoak.





1 comment: