Health mix is good for babies. I used to prepare cakes using all purpose flour and sometimes with wheat flour. This time I tried it with sathu maavu especially for my kid. When my kid was 6 months old, my neighbour had prepared this sathu maavu for my kid and she insisted me to feed my kid with health mix porridge atleast twice in a week. I would prepare this in bulk and will store always. I planned to update the procedure to prepare sathu maavu a little later.Nowadays my kid was bored up with the same kind of porridge and he likes kinda of breads, biscuits and cakes etc. Nutella is the other thing which he likes the most. So I just tried this health mix combined with nutella and prepared this mini cup cakes and he likes it a lot.Here is the simple recipe.
- Health mix - 1 cup
- Nutella Hazelnut chocolate spread - 3 tbsp
- Curd - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Butter or canola oil - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Mix milk with nutella, curd and butter/oil well. In a wide pan, add heath mix powder and baking powder.
- Slowly add nutella mixture to the health mix powder and mix well using hand whisk and bring to the cake mixture consistency.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Fill in the mini cups with cake mixture and place it in the middle rack of oven and bake it for 25- 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted to the cake comes out clean.
- Keep the cakes outside and let it cool down for 10 mins.
- Healthy mini cup cakes are ready to be served now.
My 2 cents
- You can add half cup of maida and half cup of health mix too.
- Fill only half of the cup with the cake mixture. Otherwise the cakes will not raise.
- You can add few nuts also. I didnt use any nuts since the nutella tastes with hazelnut.
- You can replace nutella with choco powder and sugar also.
- I didnt add any flavour to it since I added cardamom while preparing the sathu maavu . You can add vanilla essence or any flavour also.