- Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Rava1 - tbsp
- Cardamom - 2
- Banana - 1 small sized
- Egg white - 1 (optional)
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Oil - to deep fry
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Powder the cardomom and put it in a mixing bowl
- Mash banana and add it to the bowl (you can add egg white at this stage)
- Add rava, maida, baking soda, sugar and water together and mix well till the batter reaches a course paste form
- In a frying pan, add oil and let it becomes hot.
- Using a small ladle put the batter in the hot oil and touch the batter constantly to get the puffy paniyaram.
- Put the batter in the hot oil when temperature is medium high. otherwise the batter would stick at the bottom of the kadai and paniyaram would not come puffy.