Baked Onion RingsSometimes I prefer baked stuff. The thing is we can make a less calorie food without losing its original taste. I used the same method for making baked onion rings just like fried onion rings method
Onions - 2 (Big sized)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1 tbsp
Breadcrumbs - 1tbsp
Water - 2tbsp
- Mix breadcrumbs and oats in a bowl and keep aside
- Mix salt, maida with 2 tbsp of water and prepare a smooth paste
- Cut onions by 1/4 inch size as shown in the pic to get rings.
- Dip both the sides of the onion in maida paste first and ensure the onion is coated well with the paste.
- Dip the onion in breadcrumbs+oats mixture.
- Spread a tbsp of oil on the baking sheet.
- Place the onion rings on the baking sheet
- Preheat Oven to 180-200 deg. celsius.
- Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven.
- Set the timer for 15 mins.
- Turn to the other side at the mid of the timer set in the oven.