Onion RingsThis is a quite easy snack that can be prepared with the ingredients that are at home always. Onion rings can be made with little variations of the following ingredients too. Following is the one which i tried first. The other methods will also be updated little later.
Onions - 2 (Big sized)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1 tbsp
Breadcrumbs - 1tbsp
Water - 2tbsp
- Mix breadcrumbs and oats in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix salt, maida with 2 tbsp of water and prepare a smooth paste.
- Cut onions by 1/4 inch size as shown in the pic to get rings.
- Dip both the sides of the onion in maida paste first and ensure the onion is coated well with the paste.
- Dip the onion in breadcrumbs+oats mixture.
- Deep fry both the sides of onion in oil till its crispy.