Egg curry is the easiest one to prepare. I used to prepare this on sundays when i do not prefer to have any non veg. There is no much work to prepare this one. Here is the simple recipe
- Onion - 1 (medium sized)
- Tomato - 1 (medium sized)
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
- Curry leaves - Few to temper
- Cut onions and mince garlic using hand pestle and mortar.
- Grind tomato to a fine paste in a mixer.
- Parboil and de-shell the eggs.
- Prick holes using fork or cut lengthwise to 1/3 portion of the egg.(This is to make the eggs to absorb the curry).
- In a frying pan, add oil, Add fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, curry leaves and minced garlic.
- When the fried aroma of garlic starts to appear, add onions and fry till the onions turn transparent.
- Add the ground tomato paste, and fry it till the raw smell completely leaves out.
- Add tamarind juice, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Cook this mixer until the oil seperates out from the curry.
- Add eggs and garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the stove. Let the eggs absorb the curry for 10 mins and serve.
My 2 cents
- For more gravy, you can add ground coconut. Adjust the quantity of tamarind juice if you add ground coconut to maintain the tangy taste.