Everyone loves curd rice. Curd has milk proteins and the essential bacterias to protect the human stomach affecting from bad bacterias. When we started the solid food for my kid, we just started with curd at his 6 months. He loves curd in any form. Generally we make curd rice using curd, rice and a little milk only. When I was discussing with my friends during lunch, one of my friends suggested me to add butter. I tried it by adding butter and few things to temper and added to curd rice to make this hotel style curd rice. Here is the recipe
- Cooked rice - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Butter(melted) - 1 tbsp
- Carrot (grated) - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 4 to 5
- Mustard seeds - Few to temper
- Curry leaves - Few to temper
- Hing - a pinch
- Green chilli - 1 (optional)
- Ginger - 1 Bite sized chopped finely
- In a wide bowl, Add a cup of cooked rice (keep the rice little warm).
- Add butter first and mix well with the rice.
- Add curd to the rice and mix well to become mushy.
- The curd will become dry after sometime. So add the milk to the rice to maintain the creamy texture of curd rice. Keep this mixture aside.
- In a frying pan, Add a tsp of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds to sputter.
- Add curry leaves, ginger, coriander leaves, cashews, green chilli, carrot, hing to the oil and fry for a minute.
- Add this mixture to the curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and nuts.
My 2 cents
- You can add any nuts and fruits of your choice
- Adjust the salt for the curd rice.