This is a very easy to cook breakfast dish that comes handy when I run out of idli dosa batter and chappathi flour. This can be done in 15 mins time.
My 2 cents
- Semiya - 1 cup
- Carrot chopped - 1/8 cup
- Beans chopped - 1/8 cup
- Onion - 1 small sized or 1/8 cup of chopped
- Ginger - a small
- Garlic - 2 clove
- Cashews - few
- Curry leaves - few
- Corainder leaves - few
- Red chilli - 1
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- In a hot pan, Add oil and mustard seeds and curry leaves and let it sputter.
- Add cashews and fry it for few seconds
- Add chopped onion, carrot and beans and add salt.
- Add little water ( say 1/4 cup) and boil vegetables.
- Add remaining 1 and 3/4 cup water and boil till the water starts rolling.
- Add the semiya at this stage and give a quick stir and keep the lid closed for 5 mins.
- Open the lid and let the semiya absorb the water and cook fully.
- Add a tsp of ghee and garnish with coriander.
- Choice of vegetables are purely optional. I just like red, green and white combination. So I decided to takeup carrot and beans. You can add corn and cauliflower also.