Vegetable pulao is the easiest one for me to prepare at busy days. This tastes good and even my kid loves it as it is not spicy at all.
- Rice - 1 cup (Basmati preferred)
- Vegetables - 1/2 cup (carrot, beans, corn etc... of choice)
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp(minimum)
- Mint - few
- Coriander - few
- Chilli - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Star anise - 1
- Cinnamon - 1 small stick
- Water - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cut onions and vegetables and keep aside.
- Soak basmati rice for 20 mins and keep aside.
- Add oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves, bayleaf, star anise, cinnamon to temper.
- Add ginger garlic paste and onions together and fry till onions turn transparent.
- Add vegetables and give a quick stir.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and bring it to boil till rolling.
- Add Rice and salt and close the lid of pressure cooker and cook for a whistle.
- Once the presure leaves out and cools down, Open the lid and fluff with a fork(just to get rice seperated) and add ghee to the rice.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves and stir it.
My 2 cents
- You can substitute coconut milk for water which will be too good.
- You can use sona masoori rice instead of basmati. But add 2 cups of water/coconut milk and no presoaking is required for sona masoori rice.