Usually this is called as carrot puttu in south most part of tamilnadu. It goes well with kara kulambu and sambar.This is one of my favourites and i love to have it with plain rice itself.
- Carrot - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Cut onions into small piece.
- Grate the carrot and coconut seperately.
- Coarsely grind coconut and cumin seeds.
- Mix carrot, onion, ground coconut and add salt.
- In a tawa, add oil and mustard seeds, curry leaves to temper and let it sputter.
- Add the carrot mixture and stir for a min.
- Add little water say 1/8cup approximately.
- Keep the tawa closed for 8 mins.
- After that open the lid and stir well till it is cooked fully.
My 2 cents
- Usually i add carrot and onion together and fry together to retain the original colour of carrot in the final food. You can fry onions seperately and add carrot also.